What is a Gas Log Fire?
A gas log fire is a small, gas operated heating system. It is installed in a single room and flued to the outside atmosphere.
Gas log fires are a popular choice in a number of homes around Australia. They deliver the atmosphere and charm of a traditional fireplace, without the hassle and mess of managing a woodpile.
Designed with flexibility in mind, gas log heaters come in a range of sizes and designs. This means there is one to suit any home – from ultra-modern to traditional.
There are two types of gas log fires:
- Freestanding gas log fires – available in a range of designs with classic shapes for traditional homes and rooms. This style radiates heat from all sides and can heat the entire room up quickly. They are quick and easy to install and are easy to maintain.
- Inbuilt gas log fires – save on floor space and complement the floorplan of your home. These heaters are often better for safety as children and pets cannot run around them. If an existing chimney is not in place, inbuilt gas log fires can be more costly to install.
Gas Log Heater Service
It is recommended that gas log heaters are serviced on a regular basis. Preventative maintenance can not only prolong the lifespan of your heater but prevent minor problems turning into major, costly issues. Because gas log heaters operate on gas, they also need to be checked for harmful carbon monoxide.
What We Do
At Metropolitan Air Conditioning, we can service both types of gas log fires. When performing a service, our qualified technicians:
- Test for carbon monoxide
- Test the thermostat
- Ensure all internal parts are in good working order
- Check gas pressures and connections
- Check the flue
Why Choose Us?
With 25 years of experience in the industry, Metropolitan Air Conditioning is your gas log fire specialist. We can provide expert advice, general maintenance and urgent repairs. We can also take care of new installations.
Part of the well known Metropolitan Group, Metropolitan Air Conditioning has established a reputation for quality workmanship and outstanding customer satisfaction. To provide you with the best service possible, we work in line with our Quality Assurance Guarantee. As part of this guarantee, we provide you with:
- 24/7 service – including public holidays
- Service within the hour*
- Fully qualified technicians
- $0 deposit, interest free payment plans**
- Public liability insurance
Contact Us Today
Metropolitan Air Conditioning is here for all your air conditioning services. We take care of general maintenance, repairs and installations. For quality workmanship and outstanding customer satisfaction contact us today!